PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lebanon Operations, Strikes, and Evacuation Discussions (Merged)
Old 23rd Jul 2006, 17:48
lukeylad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadster280
Well, I've been to Tel Aviv, Ra'nana, Haifa, Jerusalem and Bethlehem. What struck me was the poverty. The dirty cities, ****ty cars, the scruffy looking military all over the place, the whores, the deserted building sites, it just was a million miles from the "Jewel of the Middle East" that I had expected. I will say that the food there was excellent.

Don't get me wrong, Egypt and Saudi are much more ****holes, but if I never go back to Israel again, it will be no loss.

I find it hard to accept that the response to border attacks is to bomb the international airport. Imagine if the UK had totalled Buenos Aires international Airport over the Falkland Islands?

Neither side is right in this, but I stand by my comments regarding the Israel I saw. It's not a third world country, but neither is it the "promised land".
What the hell you talking about citys in israel put the rest of the middle east to shame there a well developed country.