PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R22 operational safety - somebody enlighten me
Old 23rd Jul 2006, 16:32
TheMonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shy Torque

lightning detector? stablizer? hahaha

You don't like driving a Ferrari, you like driving an S Class Mercedes. Don't tell me you've never done "scudd running"? hehehe...

When I'm the driver, give me a Ferrari. When I'm the passenger, give me the Benz.

It's all good...

Oh BTW I did a "for real" full touch down auto once AND LIVED. hahaha. Carb icing in R22. Surprised the heck out of me. My passenger thought it was a normal thing to do, although the initial drop did startled him a bit but he's too cool to admit that. I didn't want to fly it back, but we were poor and thought that we'd have to pay for the pickup. Waited awhile, checked everything and restarted. The rest of the flight actually went well. Told the FOB, Advanced Aviation in Frederick, MD that I may have oversped the rotor (Hey I'm cheap, but I wont put someone else's life in danger). He said he'd have it checked, but he told me not to say anything about it to anyone. Huh? I don't think he had it checked. I checked the temp strip on the gear boxes, they were still within limits though. maybe that's all he did too.

Da Monk

Last edited by TheMonk; 23rd Jul 2006 at 16:45.