PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue EBA
Thread: Virgin Blue EBA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2006, 23:27
adam_ant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile - thats the sort of trip that scares me! I'm suprised anyone showed up to do that trip!! They always say they do that 'to get us home'. Never mind that you smash your car on the way home. I would rather finsh the red eye, then be driven to a hotel and then get some good quality sleep in a nice dark hotel room and then GO HOME the next day.

Sinala1 - though I'm not a long haul expert, your point is very valid. I cannot for life of me see why we have to do that extra sector - and limiting it to 90 minutes DOESNT CHANGE A EFFING THING!! - Thats what we get now!! Red Eyes are a fact of life at an airline, but they don't have to be torture! We are a domestic airline, and though like most of us I would love the opportunity to fly long haul with VB, until they show me the goods and I see SYD-LAX on my roster, only then will I consider changing the 'work rules' (and by the way I REALLY hate that term - its soooo modern-blah-blah-BS). Remember last time they promised us International flying (AKA new Zealand) and instead decided to contract it out to the kiwis.

I just wish they would start being nice to us!! VB is a great airline. We have always had such a good working life, but if they decide to screw us and it gets nasty we will just turn into another bitter and twisted mob of hosties like so many other airlines! I feel sorry for CSs who will be charged with trying to motivate disgruntled CC when they are disgruntled as well! Never mind the poor guests who will cop it when we are tired and fatigued.

Sorry for the rant - maybe I need some annual leave...

love,
Adam