PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 22nd Jul 2006, 19:10
finals

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't be put off!

To all those making choices about flying schools....

Please please please don't be put off by messages on here from students from various schools regarding any particular flying school. The vast majority of students who chose integrated courses at reputable places like OAT, Cabair, FTE etc... get commercial airline jobs - it may take a week, may take a month, may take a year.

Remember, most of the threads on this website from ex-students are from those who don't have jobs yet. This means that for those looking in from the outside, all there seems to be is resentment and regret...

Most people who have got jobs in the airlines either don't have the time or just don't feel the need to go on websites like these to write about the flying school they went to (i'm on leave at the moment so thought i'd have a look to see how much OAT-knocking there is on here). I finished at Oxford in November and had a job offer a few weeks later. Almost everyone on my course is now either flying jets around Europe or waiting to begin type ratings. And that's within 6 months of finishing the APP.

Go and see the flying schools, look at the stats for job success, and make sure you listen to those who did get jobs as well as those who didn't.

One final point..... every day I check-in at work, it's like an OAT re-union. That says something........