PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frederick Valentich
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2006, 14:00
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Archangel, perhaps you should look at your own posts before calling others idiots. Let me quote a couple of classics.....
by hiding the tape the authorities can come up with a number of conclusions to the case, such as "he was disorientated" or confused with the light house and come up with another million other strange excuses.
Disoriented or confused? Damn, but they sure are strange excuses, never heard in GA accident reports before. You've got me thinking now.
but, if we listen to the tape it is obvious enough that a UFO was the cause of the disappearance of Fred and the 182.
Now that you mention it, of course it is obvious; how could I have been so stupid? (hang on, you said you hadn't heard the tape? ) Never mind, your clinical and piercing analysis is fast convincing me that this has been a massive gummint conspiracy. Every ATS employee who has heard the tape is clearly a part of it. ****, wait a minute, I've heard the tape! Aaarrgghhh!!!!

Now as if I weren't feeling guilty enough already for my part in this matter, you land the killer blow....
Also, considering that during that period there where an outstanding amount of UFO sightings especially around the Port Phillip bay area.... and there have been witnesses who claim to have seen a Cessna chased by a cigar shaped object..
Oh no! Not the cigar shaped object!!!!!! And witnesses!!!

When I was working in a FSU not a million miles away from the Torres Strait, a coastal surveillance pilot of a rather dramatic and self-important disposition (now an airline pilot somewhere in the world) burst into the FSU one morning after going off task with several semi-hysterical radio calls about mysterious objects surrounding his aircraft and diverting to our little airport. He related in a horrified voice the fear he felt blah blah blah. I told him to make a cup of coffee (mine's white and two thanks) and oddly enough, faced with a massive wall of indifference, not to mention thinly-disguised skepticism, the cup of coffee appeared to pacify him and he left without ever asking to use the phone to contact Canberra, Sixty Minutes, or the Chemtrail Society. Never said another word about it in fact.

Now, 25 years later, faced with your devastating and unanswerable critique, the repressed memories are coming back to me, and I'm not at all sure I'll be able to overcome the guilt at being part of this conspiracy. I'm going to have to be the first to break...oh god, I'm so sorry everybody...I have proven to be the weakest link..... now there is a knock at the door, both doors in fact, and loud voices and lights, and two objects, one saucer shaped and one cigar shaped, and oh dear, it's not looking goo