PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 21st Jul 2006, 23:07
New FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Only 6k!!

I'm guessing they went to Ryanair!? But they knew that before starting. Ryanair pay crap at the beginning, thats the way it works. I dont know any other lo costs that act in suck a way. There are those that charge for line training, thats naff. How can anyone justify charging a pilot for the privalige to carry cout a commercial service?! However, none of this is a sudden supprise before you join the airline! Who takes a job without knowing what they're going ot be paid!

Believe me, this is not true of all low cost carriers!

The current easy FO salary is 35k (90%in first 6 months) + sector pay works out about 55-60 a day of which some is not taxed).

Only part of the negotiated 10% pay rise has been added, the resto to come in october and next year (i think).

I hate to come on here and blow the trumpet of those of us that are of course extrememly lucky and very much were in the right place at the right time. However, did pay for a type rating (which ive beentold time and time gain is silly...personally i think it was a bloody great decision!) But come on guys...why are these forums always SOOOOOOOOOO negative! Some are lucky some are unlucky, this is a big risk...but come on...why all of this scaremongering!?