PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 21st Jul 2006, 22:00
PAPI-74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fact: There is a shortage of pilots, but only at the experienced end. It is partly a smoke screen by the Aviaton media to make money. If Pilot, Flyer, AC Int etc all jump on the band wagon and keep reporting of a huge pilot shortage, the FTO's advertising and spending thousands are really happy, the bod buying the mag is happy cos the dream is alive, and the airlines are happy, as they can have us all fight over a limited number of jobs for low hours crews. This means threads like " which TRTO shall I go to...like the one I have just chatted on."
They are not allowed to recruit past a certain percentage, so the whole scam is bo##ox. Yes they all need hundreds of pilots, but where are the TRCapt's to fly with them?
Further why is it since JAA has arrived, hundreds of European pilots have emerged in the UK being paid in Euro's (bargain for the Airlines), which doesn't really bother me; what does is that you try to get a job in Spain, France, Germany etc... not a hope, unless you fancy the far reaches of the sunny ex block countries and part of the requirement is that you speak their language.
Ever tried to hold a conversation with some of the new FO's in this country?
I think it stinks!
God that feels better. Still don't have a job though.

Last edited by PAPI-74; 21st Jul 2006 at 22:35.