PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 21st Jul 2006, 21:56
robsrich

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Congratulations Topendtorque – you have now closed this topic!

Congratulations Topendtorque – you have now closed this topic!

As you are aware PPRuNe has a very strict policy on “no advertising”, which I respect and follow to the letter. Problem was how do we get the job listings out to the PPRuNE readers without breaching this very fair and sensible rule?

The moderator agreed that if I did not name the newspaper and said “an Australian newspaper” and there are dozens; then I could provide a “heads up” on what was being advertised, the locations and the company, in a simple format. So I began this topic within this thread. The rush of PM made me realize that people wanted more information as to the state play at a particular time, that is now and the future?

For example, the pending Army contracts to civilian organizations to take over the military training is a major boost to our industry, but people want to know how this will effect them over the next 18 months, as this friendly monster gets up and running.

Accordingly I used my own comments in the last post to lead into the job listings. Where does my information come from you may ask? Four decades in both the military, government and civilian industry in Australia and overseas. 18 years as the owner of Heli-News (now sold), twenty years as an HAA member and four as President (recently resigned), attending a dozen overseas and local trade shows and run about half a dozen here. Also, I am in constant contact with pilots, engineers, managers, regulators and safety people. All of them offer advice and I sort it all out as best I can.

I travel widely in Australasia and have trained 2500 civilian aircrew and 400 military on theory based courses, in the past seven years, etc

So I reckon I have got some idea of where our mob are heading. Only by collecting the opinions of those I meet along the way.

Now lets talk about you Topendtorque?

What are you afraid of? Why do you snipe at anyone who has a positive attitude? Are you afraid someone will challenge you in your career stream? Do you feel inadequate?

Why all the dumping of crap on those who are trying to give back something to the younger guys in an industry that has been kind to us all – including you – in good times and bad?

I accept that it your right to bag people, it is good fun, makes you feel good – for awhile.

But what can you give back to your peers or the industry; what are you doing to make it a better place – to handle the Asian expansion and the oil search operations that take four years to start.

What will you suggest we do if we have a case of mad cow disease and the world drops our beef industry cold??

So what are to doing to make things better, except push away all those who want to pass on helpful information; and turn people away from PPruNe as they grow tired of the teenager with PMT style of vindictive behaviour towards others.

Well done Topendtorque go sludge someone else, you have closed down this topic before Heliport needs to get out his scissors and carry out his rightful role.

Bye all……..

PS: If anyone wants next weeks update, looking at the five years sales figures in Australia and New Zealand and the interesting trends, then please PM me and I will send it to you. Also, week after next I will run down the helicopter award and you can see if you are being paid peanuts or pounds.