PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 21st Jul 2006, 21:26
Dotty Daisy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't go to OAT

I would advise anyone, don't waste your money. Reasons:

1) I left last Autumn out of the 12 who started 5 have got jobs. (90% yea right)

2) I think in the current market there is no point paying over the odds £65 grand to do the training. As even when you have completed the training most companies are expecting you to pay for the type rating anyway so you may as well do it for £40 grand and spend the extra £20 grand on a type rating with a good company e.g. PARC who have a 100% job success rate.

JUST A THOUGHT

I would also like to mention that I thought OAT was completely disorganized throughout so it came as no surprise to me that as soon as I had finished my course I heard nothing not even a hint of an interview and that goes for the other seven on my course without jobs. Some of whom have now had to completely give up on their dream. If OAT is the best in the country I would not like to see the worst!!!

P.S some of you might think this is sour grapes and yes it is, lots of money, lots of work, a 100% pass mark through out and still no job!!!

Last edited by Dotty Daisy; 22nd Jul 2006 at 07:44.