PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Canada?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 18:38
Miss Aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SP,

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at PRO. Just like you experienced something I experienced only good things when learning approaches in that airspace. To each his own. Not all flight instructors are equal and maybe you came across a so-so one. In any case, JM, the owner, is known even on the East coast of Canada for his level of professionalism, various Transport Canada personel get seminars and training from him as well -- that has to mean something.

As far as renting an aircraft, I was of course implying that you would have a check-ride first (everyone knows you can't just rent without it). That's only a check-ride for the immediate area then you are off on your own for a small cross-country to later return to the busy airspace by yourself and deal with atc in most likely a different situation than what you would have experienced with the instructor.

Finally, no, I am not an instructor and yes, my flying experience is what ultimately got me my airline career... isn't that how it always goes ? In fact, if I was only flying in rural locations they would have been hesitant I'm sure as the major factor was working for an air taxi operation in big cities. That was my experience, I say again, my opinion and experience...

No hard feelings...
Cheers