PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The SAX Q400
Thread: The SAX Q400
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2006, 12:38
George Tower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just out of interest what is the sector length from JNB to Lubumbashi? I know SAX has a few sectors to Namibia from both CPT and JNB, any plans to replace CRJs on these sectors?

Shrike I think your pretty much spot on about Nationwide in your thinking - they have operated successfully using their more mature aircraft and survived in business when many have come and went. I guess the question is how many people will want to travel on +/-560nm sectors in a turbo prop. I know its faster than most but still......The other thing is of course that with the 737 because its faster you can be more productive - more ASK for a given time.

Interesting I ask my Mom yesterday what would you sooner fly in, jet or prop and she replied jet. When I asked why her first thought was safety followed by comfort. Now she knows about as much as aviation as the journos we all know and love. But the point is here about perceptions.

May be some of our more learned members could shed light on just how important a factor this is from a marketing point of view - not so much on monoploy routes but like GRJ where folks are used to a 737 service.