PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much for deicing equipment - a question for the Qantas beancounters
Old 20th Jul 2006, 22:50
Mud Skipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UTR,
Do you suppose for a minute that the DJ aircraft have been de-iced
I'd suggest not, I don't believe they have any equipment in Melbourne.

With all respect to DJ drivers but it follows then you are being green eyed of not being on an aircraft which potentially has ice on its control surfaces.

What type of aircraft was it though? If it was the A330 then it's possibly come in from Perth etc with lots of cold fuel in the wings. This can induce ice to form on the wing and, if not dealt with correctly, has led to long delays.

Engagement is getting worse by the day at QF. The A330, overmanned as half the pilots are waiting for the delayed delayed delayed A380, about to loose 4 aircraft to J* to be crewed by cheap labour, unstable rosters looking worse by the minute and no vision of what the next year will hold other than more forced leave, has justifiably the worst of this negative engagement.

Traditionally the more thumbs are stuck in by management, in any buisness, the workers run for cover and little real work is done. If someone knows the answer to a problem he won't risk putting his hand up for fear of being noticed - sacked or harassed. Effort and innovation dies as we sit in our bunkers waiting for the war to pass as we plot an escape from the mess we have been put in by greedy management.

Many early A330 flights are delayed due ice, it's a known issue. Indeed ice can even be deliberatly induced, though I doubt and pray we are not at that point yet.

all over crying in spilt milk, just sad now