PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New FRI
Thread: New FRI
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 23:26
itsonlyme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even a new FRI may not help

Just a quick thought, will a new FRI actually keep pilots in the RAF? The reason I ask is that I have pvr'ed and will have to return £30,000 that I was given a few years ago as a retention bonus. Due to quality of life issues it's a small price to pay.
Quality of life will at some stage take precidence over a short term bonus. The civil aviation market is so strong at the moment that high caliber pilots are in demand and quality jobs with quality companies are obtained with just a little work and prep.
This isn't a moan or a gripe, I've been in the RAF for a long time and enjoyed most of it. However, at some stage the constant fighting against petty paperwork, rules and regs that are unflexible and overwhelming has to take it's tole. Careers outside don't have JPA or Ord Off or CSS or Sec duties or constant niff naff and trivia or fitness tests or tents in the sand or constant deployments or soaring divorce rates or ... oh well, you get the idea!
I'm sure that life outside isn't lush lush green grass but at least it's green and not brown.