PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ID-Travel / Shuttling with Tfly
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 16:50
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been working for Britannia/Tfly for over 3 years and certainly did a lot of commuting.
I used Easy, BA, Baby and anybody who could fly me from my home. Much better than ID80 that we get through the company on BA flights.
Other advantage of being on a firm seat: You are a real customer, not a low life Standby as some ground staffs like to remind you.

Lots of commuters at Tfly/Britannia. From France, Germany, Spain, Scandinavia. All have some kind of house they rent/stay in during duty days, Standbys etc... Personally what I do during my days off is none of Tfly's business. If I chose to spend time on an aeroplane flying to my sunny, warm home (and cool pool ), that's my prerogative.
Just like If I leave near Luton but I am Gatwick based. In theory it is within 75 minutes from base but at most time of the day, it is impossible to realise it.
If during my hypothetical days off whilst living at LTN, I can perfectly drive to Cornwall... Nothing the company can say about it. Just like my commuting.