PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - !st of July Industrial Action
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2001, 03:11
canuck revenger

Angry

Refering to a certain pathetic individuals comments regarding 'market salaries' eg: what Singapore pays... Well Mr. Know-it-all, I suppose those same 'market salaries' don't explain the fact that an ever increasing number of Singapores fleet are parked in the Arizona desert BECAUSE they can't attract enough crew! And please spare me your comments regarding 'unsustainable salaries' at CX. The fact of the matter is that in REAL terms, the present A-scale salary is worth 50% LESS than it was 8 years ago, and furthermore, the average A-scale Captain is paid in REAL terms about 60% of a comparable United/Delta/American pilot (..and I might add, for many of us there is no pension on top of it...!). In spite of the money issue, the MAIN gripes are to do with lifestyle issues (complete chaos in our scheduling), violation of contractaul rights, intimidation tactics (after 12 years, sign a new contract of be fired..!) and basically the fact that we are working for one, if not the most dysfunctional airline in the industry. It is people such as yourself who implement policies such as we have here at CX that lead to the ruin of lives, careers , shareholder value and eventually the very airline itself. I find it interesting that BOTH the managements of....say, Continental, and the management of CX claim that they are leading their respective carriers to the title of 'Worlds Best'. Perhaps you can explain it to those of us 'obviously' not as bright as yourself how they BOTH expect to get to the SAME place using COMPLETELY opposed strategies and philosophies. If I was a betting man, I would place my money on the carrier that shows consideration and respect (both completely lacking at CX) for its employees. In case it has escaped your rather narrow minded mindset, there has NEVER been a successful airline that has subordinated it's employees to the sake of maximum profit.....not a one. There is a reason that airlines like Southwest and Continental are as successful as they are.....and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with people who think like you. Your hatred and vitriolic attitude towards the very people who make the reputation, safety and long term success of an airline (ie: the staff who do the REAL work) possible is on display for all to see in your comments. I do hope you keep writing to PPRUNE, as it provides no end of entertainment, and a good degree of confirmation in how truly sick and twisted a good deal of today's airline management are. We are fighting for our careers, our families and our profession. Regardless of the short-term outcome, in the end your type will be covered in disgrace (re: Lorenzo). I have to wonder what failure in your past compels you to offer your bitter and hysterical comments. You offer nothing of value, and must possess a truly malignant soul. I should feel anger towards you....but instead feel only pity.

[This message has been edited by canuck revenger (edited 20 June 2001).]