PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 19th Jul 2006, 13:09
WindSheer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sometimes question the intelligence of posters on this forum.....this topic just confirms my doubts!!
Guys there is only one way to get to that right hand seat, determination, and yeah......more determination. And that goes further than just the training.
I visited Oxford this year, and yes I was impressed. HOWEVER, I maintained an open mind and tried to see through their sales techniques. The marketing staff are proffesionals, and are paid to 'draw people in'!
Yes you are paying them a lot of money for their high standards of training, and for the oxford stamp on your CV...what you are not paying them for is an apprenticeship with the promise of a job as the outcome. They will ASSIST you afterwards if required.

95% of the decision within an airline interview is down to personality, its a credential you simply MUST have!
Instead of whining on a forum such as this, get yourself a job at an airport, get out of bed at 2 am and use your personality to meet pilots and airline employees to find that opening. Sending photocopied letters is not going to give you that break!

Come on guys........