PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Capt declines moot long haul duty time extension call?
Old 19th Jul 2006, 05:51
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg

Thank you for that.

I have been musing over a comment for PPRuNers about how they "Name" threads.

Clearly PPruNers will want to do so to attract attention to their "news" or "comment", some are in the habit of sensationalising the title perhaps in order to set their agenda.

Overall I don't have too much of a problem with suchlike,

However in this case
Qantas Capt. Stood Down suggests all manner of innapropriate behaviour of the pilot and airline and the posts subsequently generated were reflect I suspect what the Thread starter may, and I only say may have intended or not.
This is unfair to the Capt and the airline in the light of the facts.

Another recent thread title was in the manner of Brand X Airliner Down at Woop Woop Airport suggesting that there had been a crash when it fact the thread was about an aircraft gone tech.

Just remember folks;

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

For every PPRuNer online there are usually around 8 guests.

We try to keep PPRuNe a tabloid free zone.

Please think through the thread title just a little bit would do before you hit the submit button.

Woomera can and do "edit" thread titles, we would rather not and it adds to the mod load. We can and will deal appropriately with serial offenders.

No biggie just take it easy.