PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Training (OAT) - Who has got a job?
Old 18th Jul 2006, 19:21
SBAB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sagey
SBAB - on this post http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...76#post2485476 you mentioned that you had one interview. Out of interest was that set up by Oxford or did you get the interview through your own iniative. I personally think it is time that you picked up the phone to Oxford and said "remember me - I am still looking for a job, can I please come in for a chat"

Sagey
Hi, that was an interview I arranged myself unfortunately the language was a bit of a problem, it was in Denmark. Believe me I tried that many times. Phoned them, emailed them.

It is pretty depressing when you hear guys finishing 6 months after all being put forward to an Airline whit pretty much simular marks. I have been on the phone weekly, with them. I know for a fact that there are more out there like me. That is why I posted it to see how many, or do I just happen to have bad luck or something else.

@Leeh88, @potkettleblack; I tried that but I am fed up with them telling me, don;t worry it will be oke, the market is really picking up. Been hearing those tailes for over 14 months.

@Skintman, that is indeed a good tip and I have done that, week by week, believe me they know me.

Thanks for all your advice and highlights. It is also not my intention to scare those still looking. Just to make you aware it is not all sunshine as they make you believe. I fell for it while I was there, and did the test en spent all the money.

@tommyg737, you are right, that is another scam. I did the older APP course (starting 2 years ago one of the first full integrated). That one costed around 5000 pounds more, but we still need to pay for our own renewals etc. I have tried and know of one other student who has also tried. Thanks for paying us more, thanks for spending 3 extra months in Langford no you must pay the full amount for your IR renewal.

But that will not be the problem with the new APP. For me the dream turned sour. I hope to fiks it and I will. But boy what a mistake to do integrated there, where as modulair I would have had the money left to spend at GECAT or CTC and make a bigger chance at the Airlines. But that is always easier said, at that time I made the best decission, and can only blame myself. But who reads this is warned and should think twice.