PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lebanon Operations, Strikes, and Evacuation Discussions (Merged)
Old 18th Jul 2006, 10:25
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks LukeyLad.

SASless- Chilling and frightening yet accurate and startlingly perceptive. It just goes to show that,and I'm eating my words from previous thread contributions I have made, the only Western leader to have learnt anything from history is GWB! Blair and the rest of the European 'Ostriches' have learnt nothing about appeasement. It's quite amazing that history repeats itself, outrageous that no one is doing anything about it. So typically European yet so typically un-British.

Roadster- Ditto.

Climebear.

I agree totally but whatever the composition of any UN Mandated Force, it would have a much better chance of success if Hezbollah was completely neutralised prior to the UN's deployment to the area.

Srebrenica would have been a differant outcome if NATO/UN had offered strong arm support against the Serbs and thinned their numbers out prior to the confrontation which led the Dutch peacekeepers witnessing one of the darkest chapters in European history since the end of hostilities in May 1945.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Pontious; 18th Jul 2006 at 10:39.