PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - buy yourself a 737 job in HK!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2006, 09:20
Fat Clemenza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NG!

I did check my PM's thanx.

One prospective candidate to ASG:

" As a FAA CPL holder, i do not need to undergo an MCC course (it is not required by the FAA) or take the course at an apporved JAA facility such as Lufthansa.I can provide my own B737-800 Type Rating before applying for this position, would I still need to pay €40000? or will Ihave a reduced price? Thanks for your answer"

ASG's Answer?

"
There is a difference between flying in the US and elsewhere.
Company wants the pilots to have the MCC (Multi Crew Coordination course completed).
Also the trainingcenter does not want to type you if you do not have the MCC course completed.
Sure I also know a lot of training facilities where you can get your typerating. However CAD (Hongkong Civil Aviation Authorities have to recognize the trainingfacility prior to you can take the typerating otherwise they do not accept it on your Hongkong licenses and you cannot fly.
Some captains that are responding have to hand over the full training documents on order to get it on the Hongkong licenses and even some have to pass a short exam if they are missing an item the CAD wants to have on the record.
Sorry for this but it is as it is and company makes the rules and we only can follow them or leave it for what it is.
regards"

Still no comments

Big Fat Clemenza

Last edited by Fat Clemenza; 18th Jul 2006 at 11:16.