PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lebanon Operations, Strikes, and Evacuation Discussions (Merged)
Old 18th Jul 2006, 01:27
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dear Climebear,

I believe UNFIL's mission was to disarm Hezbollah- The IDF's is to get their men back and if Hezbollah gets a damn good kicking in the process then so what? Good riddance to the bastards!

The UN Interim force in Lebanon was never going to achieve this because like most UN sanctioned forces since Korea, they are a toothless tiger and twats like Hezbollahcs exploit that. This time the IDF has pretty much a free hand as long as the IDF is seen to be going out of its way to minimize casualties to the civilian population and target only Hezbollah interests and infrastructure.

Considering the IDF are dealing with an enemy consisting of gutless faggots who regularly hide or launch their rockets and mortars from heavy residential areas, they (IDF) are showing remarkable restraint.

Feel free to compare the relative success of UN mandated 'forces' and that of the IDF in recent operations and theatres, not to mention having the balls to carry these operations through and you'll see that this is a totally differant ballgame.

UN Mandated forces- Undermanned, Politically inept, Muscleless, Powerless, Disrespected, Shambolic, Under supported.

IDF in the current operations HAS Home public support, some support in the country it's bombing, Political support, technological advantage and years of combat expertise and experience PLUS The Will to Survive.

Terrorist groups come and go but States' survive. Do you recall PLO, Red Brigade? Bader-Meinhoff? Soon Hezbollah will join them (God Willing) but they'll spring up again in a few years under a differant guise and Israel will still be here. It's an endless game and a pointless fude. It's a wolf eating rabbits.

If I was a soldier in the IDF, right now, I'd be chomping at the bit to give some agro to Hezbollah....however...

...if I was on a Hezbollah Rocket Battery Team & I'd seen the devastation in Southern Lebanese strongholds of Hezbollah or that rectangular section of South Beirut waged by the IDF, I'd be thinking 'I could be the next IDF target'... and I'd be shaking like a ****ting poodle.

Goodnight.