PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 18:15
Brianigham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chrome,

I have nothing against 2 frequencies on the ground, air or even in the flightdeck sir.

How many we have , I am sure is decided by people in the know and who have put in some very insightful and real time research.

The help I needed from Veloo, was to pass on some info to ground control.
There are quite often " conflicting " clearances from one ground controller to another. IE one clears you all the way to the bay and then passes you on to the next chap who issues a " standard " "Hold short of bravo".

Many a time this can happen just as you are crossing bravo or approaching bravo.

A few of the guys were talking about this at the crew room in KLIA. We feel it might just be bordering dangerous. All of us in the room that day have experienced some cowboy like taxi speedsters who "potong trip". Coupled with this we thought that it might look like the perfect brew for disaster. So I told the guys I will jot down a quick note here at the most proactive thread I have experienced.

I am quite used to different "ground area" control. Zoning if you like. Some airports even have different GOV agencies controlling different areas an the ground. Sorry if I wasn't clear on what I was suggesting earlier.