PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian Airbus crash
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 18:10
CargoOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Norman Stanley Fletcher
swish266 - your somewhat foolish post does far more damage to the image and reputation of Eastern European pilots than anything anyone else has written here.
Just out of interest, I note that in the last few days another Russian (Eastern Bloc?) aircraft has crashed with no deaths but some serious injuries. I can only presume that this is yet another statistical anomoly and that we can safely conclude there is still no problem.
Althouht the wording is improper I support swish266 message. It is just disappointing to see/hear someone saying that Russian pilots are not as good as western just because they are from the East. So I suppose that his wording been influenced by previous posts, which are far away from what you could expect from the colleagues.

Another crash you referring was a military aircraft (althouth it was Tu-134, which is a commercial regional jet), operated by militaries. A bird strike on take-off run, one engine lost the thrust and crew decided to abort take-off but been unable to keep aircraft on runway at the end. A bit different category, isn't it? You are not counting C5 crash into a safery record of Delta or United, aren't you?