PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One group..........or we're finished!!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 03:30
Charliethewonderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aircraft
Surely you would also be aware of the excessive numbers of pilots available to fill vacant positions.

Is that you Mr Dixon.????? where are these excessive amounts of pilots????????????????????????????????? The ones with RPT requirements, 500 multi?????? I have never in my carreer seen so many jobs in GA advertised then I have in the last 12-18 months. When Kakadu air have to advertise you know things are getting tight for drivers.

Pilots are not falling from trees anymore.

The flying schools throughout Oz are starting to hurt. Would be pilots are now scrutinising the rewards for such a huge investment for this career and many are turning to more lucrative professions. The supply of pilots is slowly running out.
Auswest Airlines out of Karatha recently closed up shop because pilots could not be found to honour contracts. Again I ask where are these excessive amount of Pilots.

The facts are employers have had it good for so long in GA because the carrot of a well paid Airline Job kept a steady flow of eager pilots willing to work for less then dole.
The carrot has gone, people that "have made it" are even leaving " well paid airline” jobs to pursue other forms of employment.

Times are changing. The education should start at the bottom, in flying schools, by instructors.

Lesson one should be effects of Conditions.