PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AEROFAN Flight Training (merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2006, 22:30
quackers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't normally contribute to these forums but, having read the absolute codswallop written by Mr COOPER & FRASER (or whatever his real name is!) I felt compelled to stand up for Aerofan. I spent three weeks with them last year to do an IR and found them to be very friendly and they provided exactly what they said they would (and on time!). I've flown with various schools in the USA and the UK and take it from me there are previous disgruntled customers for all of them - and in my experience, most of the time it is down to the students attitude or lack of ability - looking to blame someone else for their failings. Sure, there are some instances where the schools fail to deliver but that happens in all businesses.
As far as Aerofan's aircraft are concerned, I never had a problem. OK, they are not brand new but that is reflected in the cost. Whenever we encountered any mechanical problems they were fixed very quickly by the on-site engineers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Aerofan to anyone to add ratings (ME or IR). However, I think it would be wiser to do your PPL and CPL in your native country - I did my CPL in the States and I can assure everyone that there are procedural differences (eg, Radio procedures, Approach Plates, NDBs etc etc). I found the transition quite confusing when I returned to the UK to continue the IR. Good luck to you all!!