PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair loses legal bid to identify website critics
Old 15th Jul 2006, 18:26
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With reference to Warwick Brady and Eddie Wilson:
Mr. Wilson through some Iscariot or Iago had a password to the REPA website and this secured access to it since in or about 10th/14th December 2004, and Ryanair have been able to monitor it to date on whatever frequency is chosen. It was the wish of the Plaintiff that the anonymity of the informer of the password be protected (a marked contrast in attitude to the supposed disloyalty to the company of those who used the website) - it was not an issue and is not an issue that I have to decide and I did not insist on an answer to the enquiry. Like Mr. Brady, Mr. Wilson too swore that he did not know who left excerpts from the website on his desk. I have great difficulty in believing this evidence from either.

When Mr. Wilson came to give evidence on what Mr. O'Brien's reputed response to a phone call from Mr. Brady concerning the alleged threats was, there is not only a difference as between Mr. O'Brien and Mr. Brady, but also between Mr. Wilson and Mr. O'Brien. I find it impossible to know who is telling the truth on the stated/reputed response of "don't provide me with names but we will instigate an investigation immediately." In many other cases such differences on such a detail might be of little account, but in the instant case it is a matter of importance for it is the point from which the 'Goss investigation' begins in earnest. Altogether from reflecting no credit on the "open culture" said by Mr. Wilson to exist and which Ryanair is imbued [T.3 p.47 q.63 l.6], it betokens a mindset with a predisposition to subject Captain Goss to an investigation without any fair or reasonable bases. If industrial relations in Ryanair had become fraught in late November/early December 2004 and thereafter, its origins, appear to me, are unburdened by integrity.
A judge with a particularly good insight methinks.

My emphasis and italics