PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lebanon Operations, Strikes, and Evacuation Discussions (Merged)
Old 15th Jul 2006, 16:10
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless

I don't doubt the dealings of many of the states in this region could be regarded as less than legitimate, but the West, as usual, gets to interpret the rule book as it suits. IF Iran is supplying missiles, even for free, to the elected government of another country it's just as bad as countless operations different western countries have directly or indirectly supported in the past when our interests were involved.

I have no sympathy for those currently under attack from Israel, but I think we should be very careful in trying to pin some blame on Iran for providing weapons. Israel and the US both routinely ignore UN directives when they don't suit - such as closing Gitmo - so that argument doesn't hold water either. If anything I would suggest if Iran is as close to nuclear weapons as some would have us believe, they would be more likely to distance themselves from being sucked into a fight for other reasons. Look what happened to Iraq!

We will only resolve this one when both sides acknowledge the need to at least try and look from both sides of the border.