PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic Interview & training (merged)
Old 15th Jul 2006, 10:36
jayneella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello

Hello bubblybabe,

Alot of people i used to fly with did commute from Newcastle and didn't have a problem, however there are alway's the inevitable train delays etc if you choose trains, hoever alot of crew fly as it's quicker, you need to remember flying is hard work but well worth it and lot's of fun and all the crew are really helpful and friendly.... I am very pro Virgin so i will always sing their praises as i really enjoyed my time with them, so much so im thinking of returning part time myself, this will also be difficult as im a single parent with a 3yr old little girl and not alot of help well no help actually from her father, however my mum is willing to help put. The training is 6 weeks long and based in Gatwick. There are alot of B&B's you can use and then return during the weekend, that's what i used to do and i only live 40mins away but you need to be really focused in training and give it your all or if you fail an exam 3 times your out on you ear! well dont quote me on that but that it what it was like 5yrs ago when i worked for them. Im not sure what the basic pay is but i dont think it's more that £1000 per month and then you get your flight pay down route which will vary depending on the flights you have, It's not the best salary in the world but the benefits are excellent, pension health care and 7 free flight's a year for family and friends. If you want to travel a bit it's a great way to do it and really fun. I know what i would rather do and it wouldn't be the train's but that's my personal opinion. if you go to the virgin website their number is on there and you can call and ask all the questions you need.
Good luck babes

Jayne x