PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYANAIR CABIN CREW
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2006, 22:37
ryanpax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Native Americans have a saying; “The smile you send out returns to you”.

I think what happens very often is that people hear the horror stories about Ryanair customer service and set out to the airport expecting poor treatment.
Passengers arrive at the airport with an idea implanted in their head that the Ryanair staff will be rude to them so they get defensive or aggressive where there is no need to be, and when the Ryanair staff get defensive back an argument happens and then we hear more stories about bad customer service.

I was on a Ryanair flight from Dublin to Liverpool at the end of last month and found the staff very friendly and professional indeed even when a difficult situation presented itself;

I was sitting in an aisle seat with a two-year-old boy at the window and his mum in the middle. Just as we were about to push back, the mum asked a pretty hostess with a Liverpool accent could her son use the loo, and the hostess said “I’m sorry, no, we’re about to go, he can go when we take off in about ten minutes.” which I can understand. When the hostess had gone to sit down at the front, the mum remarked that it was wrong to make a two year old wait, and that he surely couldn’t hold it in. She then asked a man who seemed to be the Cabin Supervisor for a plastic cup, which she had her son piss in. It was a good job the plane was pulled back to the gate because she put the cup of piss on the floor, and it would have surely spilled when the aircraft rotated, as it was almost full to the brim. Then the hostess had to deal with a passenger who had boarded the wrong plane (this was why the aircraft was pulled back to the gate) and on her way back to her seat the lady called her and tried to give her the cup of piss, nearly spilling it all over me in the process. The hostess said, “I’m sorry, I can’t take that, no..” in a firm yet diplomatic tone, walked back to her seat and the cup of piss went back on the floor. I don’t blame the hostess for not taking the cup of piss, I know I wouldn’t. Luckily the Supervisor came back to check seatbelts and he accepted the cup of piss, which nearly spilled on me again. The rest of the flight went without incident, and that pretty airhostess with the Liverpool accent smiled at me (which I will never forget because I was mesmerised by it) after landing while she was advising us not to remove our seat belts until after the captain had turned off the sign.

The whole incident got me thinking; I know minding a two year old is no easy task, and I wouldn’t dream of passing judgement on that poor mum, but surely it would have been prudent to have the child “go” before boarding the plane? Maybe there were difficulties in that area, I don’t know.
It also made me think; I don’t think it was reasonable to ask mentioned pretty hostess with Liverpool accent to take a cup of piss, she could have caught an illness from it. Are many of the stories we hear of poor customer on the part of Ryanair the result of people making unfair requests or unreasonable demands? I imagine so…

May I get something off my chest? It’s related to the above but there are no agony Aunt forums any more…

*sigh*

I find my mind wandering frequently to the thought of the lovely hostess with the Liverpool accent. Even though I am sure the lovely, mesmerising smile she gave me was intended as nothing more than an act of friendliness and that many hostesses are smiling at many chaps all over the world right at this moment in time, I find she is on my mind quite a lot. She is obviously a clever girl if she is an airhostess; she carried herself in a confident manner and was able to deal with the above situation very well. I wonder what kind of adventures has she been on and what interesting places has she been to? Every time I see a Ryanair aircraft fly overhead I wonder is that her…

She will probably never see these words but I wonder if she did would she be worried or flattered by them…

*Sits back, stares into space, blinks slowly twice and thinks for a moment…*

She struck me as being enlightened and friendly so I think she would take my words for the compliment they are; she made such an impression as to be on my mind for weeks after the flight. Surely that’s a compliment for any girl?

It wasn’t just because she was an air hostess, if I had served her in a shop or vice versa, I would still remember her, she had something about her…

*sigh*