PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 2
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2006, 22:30
tickerdboo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX
"Simple, BHX hasnt attracted the expansive Easy Jet and shunned Ryanair with its over priced fees. The facts are starting to bite now. Monarch only serve charter destinations further undermining BHX former strong charter traffic, BMI Baby havent expanded this year at all. BACON are will be head-to-head with Flybe on 3 routes BHD,HAJ and ABZ someone will be the looser there! New destinations are whats needed and another US link. I have it from good authority that AA ORD may be on the cards again! Forget the FlyWhos it wont happen. Major airlines should be looking at BHX Britains second city so why arnt they?
Daza" from Dasz

In a nut shell Birmingham is stuck about 15 years in the past, the airport is always playing catch up with development, look at the short pier, why has that not been extended and the long pier torn down, why has the plans for the runway to be extended been on ice for the last 20 years, why do we have the backward rules here such as not using a taxiway before 6am. If I was in charge at Birmingham I would close it for a year, level it and start again. The bigest problem for Birmingham is that its owned (well 51% of it) by the local council, and everybody there want to see money spent on hospitals and schools i.e vote winners, if you want to see real expantion at the airport then it needs to be in private hand lock, stock and barell, maybe the local council should sell out to BAA and then we could start going places........