PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot magazine and the OAT chap
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2006, 19:58
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilot Magazine August 2006

His article in this month's 'Pilot' does confirm he is now employed by the airline with the orange fin!

He also comments on how he was forced to turn down the 2nd Stage of selection for Thomsonfly due to their recruitment process 'being a bit slower than where he ended up!' All this despite the airline being willing to pay for half his rating if he were to be successful. However as the process didn't fit with the 5 month period where he had to start paying back the bank the 100K he invested in OAT, he took up the Easy/GECAT offer, borrowing another 20K for the Airbus TR!

All in all an enlightening (and interesting) insight to the integrated world, a world where extremely deep pockets are a pre-requisite! However his dream has now been realized, despite being placed knee deep in debt for the indefinite future! His parting words as the article ends read as follows...'as an afterthought, what do I think of integrated training? I paid for a product, and they delivered. They delivered the interview in only 2 months. I can't complain.'

Someday I think you just might mate!