PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 14th Jul 2006, 19:33
RJC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All,

Many thanks for all the replies, e-mails and PMs. This thread has made for interesting reading. There is some good advice in here, from all sides. I have sat back and taken in what people have said.

The FI stuff is interesting, I will look into that. I spent a few years teaching people to ride motorbikes, at weekends (for those old enough, in the UK, who may remember the old Part 1 and 2 tests and the early days of CBTs). Now, the pay from that just about covered the petrol - but it was done more for the enjoyment than the money. Although, the students didn't often try to kill me on the road...{as a complete aside, when an MZ bike stalls at traffic lights and starts backwards (2 stroke), and the student tries to pull away in a fluster - the face of the driver in the car behind is an amazing sight}

I have friends recently emigrated to NZ and Auz, so perhaps some visits to see them, and a look around down there is on the cards too. If nothing more than looking at a bit of hour building later down the line.

Anyway, I have kicked things off, Class 1 is booked.... without that, I'm stuffed from the start anyway.