PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 14th Jul 2006, 08:19
tailwheel76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theres no more risk in doing it modular than there is integrated. I was mod and my first job was jets. Whethere I was lucky, timed it right, struck a chord with my cv/application I dont know but it worked.

Integrated may well give you a contact, but chances are they'll only help for 6 mnths or a year, as I understand from friends who went integrated. Even then its up to YOU to get through the interviews and selection processes.

In my humble opinion the most important thing is to go to a school(s) that you feel comfortable and will get good marks in exams and first time passes, then shout about it on your CV. From speaking to a recruiter in my airline theres no hard fast way "...if a CV looks right then they'll get an interview...".

Integrated or modular with low average and 2nd time passes and no other interests may get passed over. Integrated or modualar with high average marks and first time passes, volunteering with the local Ar training corps, travel a good education etc will give you a better chance.

Train where you feel comfortable, and enjoy it.