PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 13th Jul 2006, 23:51
sicky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all,

I've been having a good think through all the opportunities that I have available. I know this subject may have been mentioned previously but i thought that this was slightly separate.

I was just wondering really...if i can explain this correctly...How many people out there would go down the modular route, if the modular schools could come to agreements with airlines, like the integrated schools do. This biggest thing stopping me doing the modular route is the fact that it comes across as you just get the licence and you're on your own.

Don't get me wrong, i know nothing will be handed to me on a plate, and i don't expect it to be, not at all.

It's just that there seems to be a lot more uncertainty with regards to actual opportunities within the modular route than the integrated route.

I know not everybody on an integrated course will get an interview etc etc but it seems like the airlines will just pick from there, then stick up an ad for low hour guys when they need to fill a few more spaces.

So far what iv said has been covered so many times, but i'm struggling to get my point across. Hopefully sombody will see what i mean