PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the job prospects for new CPLs? (MERGED)
Old 13th Jul 2006, 20:58
Camp Freddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SebW,

is taking the intergrated approach to much of a risk? Bearing in mind the cost/low flying hours etc?
I think it is more of a risk, you are commited to doing it all in 1 year at the speed cabair or whoever it is run it, you cannot continue to work full time while this is going on, which means yo should add loss of earnings to the cost,
IMO it is a foolish person who gives up their main source of income to become a helicopter pilot, especially when the modular route can be taken at your own pace.
also remember on integrated route you get only a CPL, you never get a PPL as far as i understand it, so stopping to reflect on things after your PPL is not an option

if I went this route would I have to spent X amout extra to acheive additional hours/ratings before empolyers will even consider me?
yes above arguments still apply, you still need to hourbuild to get FI rating or IR etc

As I'm young, does that put me in a better or worse situation?
i cant see that it makes any difference except you could try and join the military and get all your training for free, I was too old for that option.

regards

CF

Last edited by Camp Freddie; 13th Jul 2006 at 22:03.