PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick ATCO and ATCA positions?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2006, 22:46
PPRuDe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grumpy

Thank you for your comprehensive response, it paints a picture of a caring management investing in its people If this is the case then the future looks good and the shareholders can expect a good return

The investment in equipment is impressive and most of this is still under test/evaluation which indicates to me the investment is new...a result of recent management changes

I am intrigued now that i think about it,

how much of it was as a result of old equipment that had to be replaced as it could no longer be supported how many items are a result of the regulator requiring a problem to be addressed..CCTV to see the whole airfield..a tower controllers dream ?..who wanted it the controllers, the regulator the G8 security bods It begs the question as to why it has taken so long..ten years perhaps

Nice kit..does it include radar recorders

Do tell me about the new DME hut that was flight checked recently...do tell me it is only a rumour that it was hit by jet blast and moved, or did it fall through the hole in the SMS procedure...it would be very funny had not the dangers of jet blast been documented in the video made for TV at Prestwick...and followed a short time later by an alleged incident with a light aircraft, (suppose someone is writing a procedure for an offser for it You are very right to applaudeThe G8 effort which was an outstanding example of the airport as a whole..pulling together..

YES i have a very great appreciation of the amount of work involved in an exercise of this nature...in fact you might be amazed at the areas that i have experience in

That is why i fail to see why there was so much additional work for ATC most of the problems were the domaine of other sections..yes you would need to knit it together and i asssume that GMC and second radar procedures were off the shelf with appropriate procedures and approvals already in place.
With the numbers involved it should have been straightforward..Prestwick is no stranger to the unusual..

meeting after meeting achieves very little

Thanks again for the response i am a little busy today but will be back soon to pose the question HR human resources is there any humanity in your HR department

I will have to close now
best wishes

PPRuDe