PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Canada?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2006, 21:39
C130Dreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alberta

Hi folks,

I'm a Brit living in Canada for a while. Whilst here, I decided to convert my JAR CPL/IR to the Canadian equivalent. I did my training at a place called Bar XH. They’re in a small city called Medicine Hat which is about 250km SE of Calgary.

They were one of the best priced schools I could find in Alberta, and they won't try and stich you up with pre-flight and post-flight briefing fees! Alberta is a great province, and at the moment they enjoy only 6% tax!
Med Hat airport and the surrounding airspace is nice and quiet, and the training area is only 10nm SW of the airfield. Med Hat has two runways, an NDB and VOR approach, whilst Lethbridge, which is about 30 mins flight time, has the ILS. Med Hat is as cheap as chips to live in too!

Bar XH also operate King Air, Jetstream and Navajo aircraft on medivac and charter flights. The CFI's a current King Air driver, and most of the instructors eventually end up on the fleet. They have an excellent onsite maintenance dept, so if an aircraft goes down, it'll be fixed ASAP (parts permitting!).

I highly recommend them, and you can contact the CFI here. [email protected]