PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aberdeen Flying Club
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2006, 00:29
A.Viator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I see that FAS have now disabled the online purchase function on the website. Guess it really is all over for them in Aberdeen.

Seagull,

You will enjoy the other club. I am just a visiting pilot but am around quite a bit at the moment. Grampian is really Aberdeen Flying Club with a new name. The CFI is the same guy that Aberdeen Flying Club had for almost 10 years untill last summer, a fantastic instructor Examiner and airline Pilot, and a real people person. I think most of the instructors have been around since the mid late nineties, all airline guys instructing part time for fun. I think there are three examiners including the CFI. I have seen the RT Examiner running courses and met the resident Instrumen Rating Examiner who does PPLs ad IMCs as well I guess, in addition to the CFI. One of the Instructors has just completed his PPL Examiner course too.

I know the social side is run seperately although in the same building, by the commitee, all ex Aberdeen Flying Club with some new talent just joined, BBQ's fly outs and all that good stuff.

I am gonna do a check out in the Saratoga in the next couple of weeks. Just havent managed to get the boss to pay for it yet!!

Here's hoping!!