PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New FRI
Thread: New FRI
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2006, 20:20
ethereal entity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It won't work

If this rumour is to be believed, then I am sure it will retain one or two Sqn Ldr's, depending on the term they are required to serve without having to repay it (more than 5 years - no chance). However, we all know that any 'targetted' bonus will be devisive, but how about such a sum to this particularly disillusioned bunch?

Or how about my mate Bloggs?

'Sorry Bloggs, but you just missed the promotion that you've been hoping for - but you might get PAS if you're lucky - don't worry old bean, you're a good chap and you nearly got picked up - it'll only cost you 100 Grand'.

Redress the promotion board anyone? How about a redress of the Stn Cdr because he gave the Mess Sec job to somebody else and you need it for promotion and the 100K bonus that will make your life a lot better. Do the secondary 'promotion' duties now go to Stn Cdr's favourites, or do the Promotion Board get to have a say, recommending those who 'nearly' made it last year?

By the way, lots of mates have left for the airlines recently, they all got jobs immediately (it is easy out there - and I'm talking fast jet and rotary mates - not multi boys with 1000's of hrs in a Tristar), and are all earning (with route/sector pay etc) at least as much as they were in the RAF. Add in the gratuity(especially if max commutation is realised, then divide by 5) and the pension over 5 years, and a 100K bonus for a 5 year bond is is about what you would get if you left and took the money that you had coming - and you'd be on a MUCH bigger salary ladder and in control of your life.

Hang on a minute...why am I struggling with this decision?

It's nice to know that the issue is (hopefully) being addressed, but the figures don't add up - these numbers (if true) are poorly thought out and far too small to retain intelligent people who want to leave . - Hello CAS!! You are giving us the money that you would have to give us anyway if we left. Just because we're not Air Officer's, doesn't mean we're stupid. Oh, and the PA Spine might be good, but it ain't that good.

The water's are clearing and the answer is appearing. Decision becoming easier with this rumour (if it's true)

Last edited by ethereal entity; 10th Jul 2006 at 20:41.