PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The coming decline of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2006, 07:18
CaptR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Response

Hi All,

Well this thread is getting interesting - suggest all watch 4 corners tonight.

In regard to shale oil - its crap oil, not the sweet light oil that gave the world the era of cheap easily recoverable oil...........as Chevron Texaco says - the era of cheap is is OVER............

Look around you - almost everything you see comes from oil or is oil based, the synthetic clothes you wear, the food you eat (fertiliser feedstock, farming and transport), the sunglasses you wear, the making of your car, the 11 litres it took to make your car tyre........every god damn thing........as the Australian Labour party says in its energy blueprint - who are the Australian public going to blame when they ar paying between $5 - $10 litre for petrol............at these prices there will be NO MORE discretionary spending = NO MORE discretionery travel - by car or by aircraft for the average jo bloggs...........for everyone who thinks technology will save the day - do the research - I have spent seven years researching this issue and there is no one simple solution to replace the efficiency that oil provides us in the vast quantities needed every day - without an ever increasing energy supply the global economy will stagnate and go backwards and as the wiser economists who are across this state the global depression will make the great depression look like a picnic party. We have not discovered more oil than what we use in a year since the 1960's - technology is working good isn't it - NOT - with a track record like that I wouldn't trust it at all. Remember the US Department of Energy report - if massive mitigation measures are not started 20yrs prior to peaking the economic consequences will be DIRE............what do you think they are talking about? It is the harsh reality of geology not economics that is about to slap us.........and the market can do jack s**t about that!!

Have a look at

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...7/s1682899.htm

another person has already pasted the general content of this - watch 4 corners tonight and I urge everyone to research this yourself - do not be satisified to you have proven that a solution exists, - it takes effort - unfortunatley most people prefer to ignore it - well simply put, don't ask for help when you need it because you were warned, have been for years but didn't pay attention. Many people insure your car or your house, but fail to understand what is about to happen...........its their own fault - do the research and don't expect the Govt to lay it out on a plate for you and tell you what you need to do! If you live in the suburbs and your house in 2010 is worth 50% less than what it is now - its your fault for not doing something now...........frankly - I look forward to the world becoming bigger again and less busy!!!

Happy research.........