PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prestwick ATCO and ATCA positions?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2006, 02:04
PPRuDe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GRUMPY
I think i misread your response qnd apologise. to clarify the situation in my own mind was the SATCO referred to as a waste of space the same individual that rumour has it was subject to sustained harassment during his tenure..rumour has it that staff were interviewed in groups and the finger pointed at ATS...was this cloud ever lifted , was there closure ,if not why not..i believe the waste of space is very successful in his chosen business
My declaration of shock was intended for the ATCO who as rumour has it after demonstrating commitment to the unit by a prolonged absence and subsequent resignation was then appointed to SATCO.
This must be without precedence and begs the question what standards do this airport look for in their management SATCO is a key post and requires technical expertise, good people handling skills the negotiation skills to get the best for the team regardless of resources. The ability to lead and improve team performance and motivate to make work something to look forward to.
you may not like it but in the ever changing environment of safety management, litigation and employment law you require a candidate that has had formal mamagement training.
To appoint anything less is an insult to the profession an insult to all the good guys and girls out there who work hard during their careers and a great let down for the team
I have often seen the phrase creep in at airfield "we are not a NATS unit you know "often used as an excuse for accepting second best.NATS is not perfect by any means but they do have high standards and there is nothing wrong in aspiring to reach and maintain or excede them
Good heavens is that the time...thank goodness for time differences i am off to the pub
cheers PPRuDE