PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anything to do with Jetstar Recruitment (Merged)
Old 8th Jul 2006, 20:53
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently the average pay for first years is around $45k, maybe a little more... My last year at Jetstar I got $54k. (I got more in the years before that at QFLink though.) My average fortnightly pay was around $1500 after tax.

As repeatedly stated the pay is not the issue here - it is totally comparable with the regionals.

The bond means if you resign or you are sacked (whether with cause or just because they don't like you) within the first year you must pay them $5000. (I think that is the figure.)

You will also have to pay for accommodation if the intake is in a port other than your home base.

Both the above are terrible practices and indicitive of how management at Jetstar make you think you owe them a favour for the privilege of being employed by them.

Sylphie -
Having no overnights is actually quite nice for a change. I had only one in my last year at Jetstar. (We did 2 per month at Impulse and 8-12 per month at QFLink.) It was good to be at home more, get more of a routine and you definately see family and friends more. I have now gone back to doing overnights. I have 14. It is great(!) for my bank account balance but I am tired and my wheelie bag never makes it past the laundry now There is a good and bad side to most situations I guess.

If anyone could take me back to the five day ROK trips we did at QFLink I would be there in a second!!! So would She'sGreatInTheGalley too, from what I hear Anyone remember the Overnights thread we did? That was funny.