PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delays into CYYC?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2006, 08:25
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by saudipc-9
Also my understanding that it was YWG who dictated that we shall file VFR flight plans to go from YMJ to YQR.
Ahhhh, the plot thickens. Night flying you say........I'm guessing the terminal service had closed down for the night and perhaps the tower as well. Outside of Terminal hours, the airspace is handed over to enroute (is this your reference to "the one guy controlling the same airspace"?). Or is the fact that YQR and YXE Terminal services are sometimes combined onto the one position workload permitting? You mention "problems with ATC?" Civvy or Mil? And perhaps you would like to expand a little on these perceived "problems" rather than a blanket statement.

Now this is a very simplified description of what goes on (it is 0330 in the morning), but you mil guys stooging around in MJ airspace are already VFR are you not? Standard procedure is for the MJ contrller to give the civvy controller a point out along the lines of "See Bandit 21 there at FL200, wants a high approach at Regina........your control". IFR clearance is issued by the civvy controller while the flight is still in MJ airspace, approaches done, back to MJ.

I'm not trying to indulge in a "tit-for-tat" argument here, but you comment regarding the controller's need to knock one out in stress relief is not really founded in fact, is it? And you are certainly welcome to come fro a visit to YWG centre just to see what goes on.