PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Smintair
Thread: Smintair
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 21:01
slam_dunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Smintair new startup SMOKERS airline!

just saw the announcment on CNBC !

1 route DUS-NRT
2 747's
startup 26 th march 2007

I doubt if this will work

some interesting quotes from their website ( www.smintair.com)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, dear Guests,

Before I would like to share my next to 50 years of experience as an airline passenger with you, I'd like to take the opportunity to clear one of the biggest lies floating around everywhere in the World:
"Second Hand Smoke (SHS, a.k.a. ETS, Environmental Tobacco Smoke) damages your health".
The WHO (World Health Orgaisation) confirms in all of it's studies concerning the subject, that ETS has not even a statistcally relevant effect on the non-smoker's health! If you want to go deeper into the subject, without prejudice, please refer to following link: http://www.antibrains.com/shs.html. "

"Allowing our guests to smoke is one of the freedoms we are happily prepared to grant. Non-smokers will find the cabin air more refreshing than on any other flight with any other airline, as SMINTAIR adds fresh outside air to the conditioning system! This is more expensive, as it burns more fuel, but it is seen as an additional service to our guests.

As the World's first smoker's airline, SMINTAIR is entering many uncovered niches in aviation, designed to give the traveller maximum pleasure out of their flight experience. SMINTAIR spends more than three times the amount usually invested on passenger's nourishment. Signature recipes created by internationally renowned chefs will make each meal a feast. Charming and beautiful flight attendants in uniforms designed by famous couturiers are there to take the very best care of you. Every two years, a new designer will be elected to keep the uniform design á la mode. SMINTAIR is currently in motion to aquire sponsors offering luxurious merchandise. Everything from caviar to clothes and smoker's utensils to jewellery will be offered for free consumption or at special duty free prices during our flights. Main sponsors will also be able to host events aboard our aircraft, displaying their latest fashion or merchandise, thus taking SMINTAIR in-flight entertainment and service to new levels. "

"We are looking for:

- 4 Accountable Managers
- 4 Accountable Manager Assistants

- 12 Pilots
- 12 Co-Pilots

- 1 Assistant Of The Board

- 1 Controller
- 1 Controller Assistant

- 12 Pursers
- 120 Flight Attendants

- 8 Ground Crew

Accountable Managers will be employed as soon as financing is completed. Interviews with all other staff will begin when the flight license is granted by the LBA (German regulatory body for aviation). Relocation packages will be made available.
DISCLAIMER: Allergics against tabacco smoke or militant Anti-Smokers are asked to not apply."