PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAM Conditions
Thread: MAM Conditions
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 17:55
flocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAM WILL BE VERY CASUAL

I am sorry to say guys after having spoken to a number of MAM F/As in recent days those looking for a career with MAM should think very carefully before leaving any permanent position for what appears now to be a very casual one with MAM...I have been told the hours are decreasing as more casual come on board and even those on contract c with 20 gauranteed days per month are not making enough to survive...One q/f flightie told me yesterday that they need stacks of casuals so they can have people at short notice with many in reserve..an essential industry needing to have someone at the moment that is required....extremely necessary to have an abundance of staff than not enough...he warned me to warn others THINK CAREFULLY and dont risk a secure permanent job for something that could ruin you financially....
For those of you who have never worked on a casual basis casual work is soley to the advantage of the employer and the more casuals the less work especially with big employers needing to have lots of people in reserve on the books....also remember s/h is nothing like L/h and has hardly any opportunity to enjoy the travel aspect with mostly quick turn arounds;;;its almost like a standard hospitality job.
Good luck guys but please think before you jump as they sound like a pretty awlful employer from what I am hearing with no regard for its casuals....Its all consistent feedback.