PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 2
Thread: LEEDS - 2
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2006, 11:09
Going loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello - fair point about Jet2 but it just raises more questions than it answers. I don't believe for a minute that Jet2 have hoovered up ALL of LBAs charter demand OK, they've gone into Spain and Portugal in a big way but I don't see a single flight in their timetable to Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Malta, Cyprus, Croatia, Southern Italy, Tunisia, Egypt, Florida or Canada. But when I last looked, LBA had a lower number of flights to some of these places than HUY or MME let alone somewhere like NCL or BRS or EMA..

Also, if Jet2 are that big of an issue why is about 80% of TUIs capacity from Leeds this season on routes that Jet2 do fly??? If they are happy competing on PMI, IBZ, MAH and ALC then why not put a second aircraft in to do the routes where they have no competition.

If Jet2 have suffocated charter at Leeds, why haven't the loco services at NCL, BRS or East Mids had any impact at those airports. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but charter services at those airports have actually grown over the last few years.

Where are all the charter passengers coming from at MAN. MAN is bigger than LGW for many charter routes and that's not possible without getting a lot of custom from Yorkshire and its environs. Proof surely that the demand is still there regardless of what Jet2 are doing, so why can't LBA pick it up?

loco

PS - so, Centralwings doing 3 - weekly EDI-WAW on top of other routes announced after their Leeds pull out. Don't think the 'lack of equipment' argument stands up anymoe , so what really happened.