PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WHAT'S UP WITH NAC?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2006, 09:19
Sir Cumference

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen and possibly ladies, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen! It is easy to sit back on these forums slating NAC and others and it really easy to be continually negative BUT NAC has given quite a few of you a start in aviation through their contracts division when you were begging for a seat in anything that flew. Only when you have the hours that you so desperately needed to get a start in this difficult industry do you sit back and slate the company that gave you a break!

I am not suggesting for a moment that you have all worked for NAC, but these forums have been filled with complaints about Rossair, Solenta, Fedair, Balmoral, KAS and others. Contract flying will always have a turnover of pilots and any of you in that kind of flying will have to agree that it is not the ideal lifestyle and there are VERY FEW individuals that make a career out of it. So we have an industry (contracts) with a high turnover of individuals who use the work as a stepping stone for airline careers etc. In some places in the industry at the moment, people are hiring, so the flow starts again.

It goes without saying that the business is there to make money and if management run it successfully, then they will at the end of the day benefit from the business. Markets (supply and demand) dictate the salaries. If you are prepared to live in the DRC in a sh*thole and fly 100 hours per month in ITCZ then have a look at who offers this. If you do not like it, find something else!

NAC is an organization that has grown substantially. Maybe they have lost a lot of the 'personal touch' that used to exist, but that is inevitable. It is a very strong company with excellent products in the marketing division. They have their faults which I have no doubt the current management will address. I have had my run ins with their maintenance division, but it has been sorted out and I have been dealt with fairly each time.

Pilots who are not busy are always low on morale and whine endlessly! I wish you all plenty hours and if you work for NAC and have a genuine gripe, I am sure that if you go and speak to the management involved they will treat you fairly as I have been treated there, albeit as a customer, before.

SC