PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar advertising for drivers in the Middle East
Old 6th Jul 2006, 05:56
ratpoison

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visual

Mate, I think you better find an EK roster and then try and compare them with Jet*.
free of duty at your Home Base for minimum of 9 designated days off
Geez, where do I sign up ?? Be bloody great to have that. Lads on the Airbus are getting max 8-9 days off, Capt's that is. Trips to Oz and NZ over a 5 day block, impossible to get appropriate sleep patterns. Arrive in Dubai with two days off and then on ya bike to JFK. 24 hours in a comatosed state, back to Dubai. One F***ing day off, then an all nighter 13 hour duty running around to some sh*thole in Pakistan, India or Middle East. One day off, then to Europe. At this stage one has not even recovered from the original Oz,NZ trip. 24 hours off and back to Dubai. One and a half days off and then another trip. Top this with flying 3 different aircraft on short haul, long haul and ultra long haul and reaching 97 to 99 hours a month and family complaining that they have to live in a third world dive surrounded by monkies and goons and only see their husbands and fathers once a week. Yeah, what a great life. Send a Jet* contract to me any day.