PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar advertising for drivers in the Middle East
Old 6th Jul 2006, 01:01
Visual Procedures

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$150 000 puts you in the top 2% of money earners in Australia. Don't get me wrong, it is definately a B (or C or D) scale when compared to QF.

The thing to think about is the conditions. You will be working your guts out. 10 hour days, 5 days per week. This is the reality of the CAO exemption. The whole idea of Jet Star is to lower the operating costs. So by definition you are a low paid pilot working maximum hours.

For those thinking that you will be returning to Australia to live the Australian life style... Think again. You won't have time to live the Australian life style because you will be at work all the time. Your wife and kids will be able to though... I just hope that they don't mind enjoying it without you.

The new conditions for Jet Star International also have a clause that allows the company to class 'lay overs' as days off. So yep, when JSI starts its international operations to leisure destinations 3 days per week, you'll have a 5 day trip, 3 days of that trip will be classed as 'days off', you'll come home then go again if not the next day then max 1 day off at home. It all about efficiency. You will be used to maximise efficiency.

If getting your wife and kids out of the desert is what you want, then go for it. But to me, $150 000 is not enough to work a 50 hr week at Jet Star, or have 5 nights per month in Australia at Jet Star International.