PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexjet Europe
Thread: Flexjet Europe
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2001, 19:42
Daifly

At the beginning of the thread, I said that I thought the CL601 was going back to the States. I have to admit that closing FJE completely wasn't something I had though would happen.

I am really sorry for everyone out there who has now joined the job hunting list. I hope you get something soon - the bizjet market is steady, there are a few vacancies out there occasionally, so I hope some of you will be back flying soon.

Although I said that I wasn't too fussed about more work for the fractionals (insofar as it would come from my, the charter, side of the business) but I am saddened that NetJets becomes, effectively, a monopoly. Although I can't see it leading to a massive price increase, it doesn't help the people who are set on buying a fractional share.

What this does make me wonder, on top of all the other redundancies throughout the industry, is if the market would have collapsed of its own volition, without the US tragedies, eventually? It seems that there was such spare capacity out in the market that it was no wonder that BA, VS etc were so eager to cut back on their services so quickly. Difficult one, I think it's almost worthy of its own topic.

Good luck to all the FJE staff in finding something soon.